Australia is one of the most highly urbanized countries in the world. The island country is surrounded by beautiful cities such as Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth to attract millions of visitors and immigrants across the globe to develop their economic standards. Australia welcomes highly skilled professionals across the globe through various immigration programs. One of them is Subclass 491 visa.
What is a SubClass 491 Visa?
Most skilled professionals prefer Subclass 491 regional professional visas. Subclass 491 visa endeavors the skilled workers and their families to live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years. After the term of 3 years, visa holders are eligible to apply for Australia PR Visa.
Requirement for SubClass 491 Visa
To be eligible for SubClass 491 Visa the following conditions should meet by the Visa applicants
- Nominated by a state/territory government.
- Sponsored by an eligible relative in a designated regional area (Brisbane and Melbourne do not fall under the list)
- Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI)
- The age limit is 45 years and requires a positive skills assessment.
- You meet health and character requirements
Eligibility points required for SubClass 491 Visa
For qualifying in the subclass 491 Visa the applicants should get a minimum of 65 points as the eligibility criteria for the process. The points are calculated based on Age, Education, Work Experience, and Language proficiency.
|Age (lesser than 45 years)||30 Points|
|Educational background||15 Points|
|Work experience in the country as well as abroad||15 Points (Outside Australia)
20 Points (In Australia)
|Proof of proficiency in English by IELTS||20 Points|
Here is the list of revision points system for some categories through this the applicants can acquire additional points.
- 15 points for applicants nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by a family member residing in regional Australia.
- 5 points for applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who has competent English and is not a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- 10 Points for Skilled Spouse or De Facto Partner
- 10 Points the applicant does not have a spouse or de facto partner of the applicant has a spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen
- 10 Points for certain Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) qualifications
You can acquire additional points if you fall under the above categories. Find your eligibility for an Australia Skilled PR Visa from our Immigration Consultants.
Benefits for Subclass 491 Visa
- You are allowed to stay in Australia in any designated area for 5years and you are eligible to apply for Australia PR Visa after 3 years.
- You can travel around Australia with the help of a Subclass visa
- Through the Subclass visa, you can live, work, study in the designated areas of Australia.
- You are eligible to include your family members through the Subclass Visa.
- For the newcomers who entered Australia, the government provides an Incentive to the applicants.
How to apply for Subclass Visa
To apply for Subclass 491 Visa follow these steps
- First, check whether your occupation has been listed under the skilled visa category.
- Calculate your eligibility points to apply for the Subclass Visa
- If you found that you have obtained minimum points apply by writing an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the concerned Australia Department of home affairs.
- After progressing your Interest towards applying for Subclass Visa submit the required documents by applying on Immiaccount.
- You need to pay the required fees within the time period of 60 days.
- Then check your application status through the given immiaccount
- Once the visa gets approved you get a visa grant number through the immiaccount and through the email id, In the email, you will get the all the required details
- Such as the arrival to enter Australia and what are the required documents, terms, and conditions is been mentioned.
If you are facing difficulties in applying for Australia Skilled PR Visa, Green tree immigration provides perfect solutions for all your immigration needs such as documentation, IELTS/PTE preparation, Onboard assistance, resume writing, profile evaluation. Connect with our Immigration experts for your immigration-related queries. We are happy to make your immigration dream Come true.