ld's best education systemsThe United Kingdom comes out on top as having the most well-developed education system in the world for 2020

Quick Guide

⊳ UK Student Visa

⊳ Re-Introduction of 2 years post study work permit

⊳ When to apply

⊳Priority services – get a faster decision 

⊳ Documents required for visa

⊳ How to apply

⊳ UK Point-based Visa System

⊳ Dependents

⊳ Post Study Work Permit

⊳ Biometric & visa Fee 


UK Remains the second most popular destination after the US for international student from India and rest of the world.

You can apply for a Tire 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you;

  • Have been offered a place on course.
  • You should able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
  • You should have enough money to support yourself and pay for tuition fee.
  • You should meet the other eligibility requirements.

If you are enrolled in a bachelors degree program or higher at a UK college that is listed on both the official UKBA Sponsor list and the list of ‘recognized bodies’ you are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week for (Tier 4 General) and work full-time during vacations or summer holidays.

Re-Introduction of 2 years post study work permit:

The UK government has announced the reinstatement of the two-year post-study work visa for international students. The new immigration rules will benefit those international students who are planning to pursue their higher studies in the UK starting from 2020-21.

When to apply:

The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you start your course.

You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

Priority services – get a faster decision:

Collection within 5 working days (priority service) - If you want get a faster decision on your Visa application you choose priority services option when you apply. Where your response for the visa comes within 5working days and your interview will be schedule. There will be some additional charges for this process.

Collection within 24 hours (super priority service) - where your response comes within 24 hours.

Cost of Visa - The fee for the Tier 4 General Visa is £348 (Approx. Rs 33,349) You should pay £348 per person

Confirmation of acceptance for studies:
Once universities accept your application they will send you a reference number called Confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS). You need to mention this on your visa application.
You must apply for the VISA not more than 6 months after you receive CAS.

Documents required for visa:

  • A current passport or other valid travel documentation.
  • Letter of acceptance from the universities.
  • Receipt that you have paid your 1year tution fee.
  • Proof that you have enough funds to support yourself and pay for your courses.
  • IELTS score sheet.
  • Proof of your parent or other legal guardian consent if your under 18 years.
  • MCC and PCC.
  • You may also need to provide additional documents’ depending on your circumstances.

How to apply:

  • The first step is to check if you qualify for the student visa or not.
  • You need to show that you have a confirmed letter of acceptance for studies.
  • Enough money to cover your course fees and living cost.
  • Get your documents ready.
  • You must apply online for a tier 4(general) student visa.
  • Pay your application fee. There are 4 ways to pay our visa; Payment at Standard Chartered Bank / Payment at visa application centre/online payment.
  • Visit the visa application centre for interview and submit your application and facial photograph and fingerprints.

UK Point-based Visa System:

UK visa is a point based visa system and it is essential for applicants to meet all the requirement of the immigration rules and have 40 points in total.

  • If they have valid confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from a fully licensed Tier 4 sponsor they will get 40 points.
  • If they have enough money to cover course fees and monthly living cost- 10 points.


You can take your spouse or children with you under dependent visa for the same duration as the primary applicants. this is applicable for masters degree only. Undergraduates cannot take dependents with them to the UK.

Along with your living funds, you need to show an additional £845 (within London) and £680 (outside London) for each dependent for each month that you are applying for up to a maximum of 9 months' maintenance funds. You can use a scholarship to cover the maintenance funds for your dependents if you already have got a scholarship. The scholarship letter must state that funds are also intended for your dependents.

Post Study Work Permit:

If you want to work there after completing your studies, then you need to apply for a Tire 2 visa which is meant for highly skilled workers. You don’t get a work permit, along with your study visa.

Your spouse may work in UK if you’re taking 1year program.


VISA FEE- 34,000 INR

Disclaimer : Greentree Immigration Service private limited is not a recruitment or placement agency we do not assure any type of job and employment offers also any domestic/international placements