Skilled Independent Visa vs. Skilled Nominated Visa:
The Skilled Independent Visa (189) is for independent skilled professionals who have been invited to Australia and who need to live and work there permanently. It does not require sponsorship. The application processing time varies from 23 months to 39 months. The cost starts at AUD4,240.
The Skilled Nominated Visa (190) is for nominated skilled professionals who can live and work there permanently. The workers should be nominated by the state or territory of Australia. The application processing time varies from 4 months to 10 months. The cost starts at AUD4,240.
The Advantages of 189 and 190 Visas:
- This visa holder can study and work anywhere in Australia.
- They can stay in Australia permanently.
- They are able to sign up for Australia’s public health care program.
- They can sponsor their eligible relatives to visit Australia.
- They can travel for five years to and from Australia.
- There is a possibility of becoming a citizen of Australia if they are eligible.
Also read:Top 10 highest paying Engineering jobs in Australia
Eligibility for 189 and 190 Visas:
- You must receive an invitation from the Australian government.
- You must possess a relevant skill assessment for Australia PR Visa.
- You must be declared that you have a satisfactory skills evaluation at the time of invitation for your application to be valid.
- Your age must be below 45.
- Since this is a points-tested visa, you must acquire a score of 65 or above.
- You should at least have a competent level of English proficiency.
- Your profession must be included on the appropriate list of skilled occupations for both types of visas.
- You must satisfy the health criterion, together with any family members who apply for the visa with you.
- You and any family members applying for the visa with you who are at least 16 years old must meet our character criteria.
- If you owe the Australian government money, you must have paid it back or made arrangements for it to be paid back.
- The Australian Values Statement must be signed for the Australia immigration process.
- Your visa shouldn’t have been revoked or rejected, while you were in Australia.
- The Australian state or territory must have recommended you for the subclass 190 visa.
Skilled Independent Visas and Skilled Nominated Visas:
Visiting Period: Both visa holders are permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely.
Fee Amount: The primary applicant must pay AED 4,240 for both visa types. Each family member applying for a visa with you must pay a fee as well. Any candidate who is 18 years of age or older and has less than functional English may be subject to an additional fee.
Process Duration: A Skilled Independent Visa application will take between 23 and 39 months to complete, depending on the percentage of the application. 25% to 90% of the applications for a Skilled Nominated Visa will take between 4 and 10 months to complete.
Travel Period: Within five years of the date of the visa, you are free to enter and exit Australia as often as you like. To return to Australia as a permanent resident after five years, you will require a Resident Return (RRV) visa.
Documents: The following documents must be submitted for visa application by the holders of both visas.
- Identity Documents
- Relationship Documents
- Work Experience
- Education Documents
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Health Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Police Certificate
- Partner Identity Documents
- Skill Assessment Documents
Process of applying for the visa:
Verify whether you are eligible to apply for this visa by
- checking your profession, it should be on the list of skilled occupations.
- Must have 65 points or above.
Submit: Send your Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skillset.
Wait: Wait and receive the invitation to apply(ITA).
Gather: Collect all your documents to apply for the visa.
Apply: Within 60 days of receiving an invitation, apply for a visa.
Apply With Us
It is difficult to gather the required documentation and pass the standards to get a skilled independent visa or a skilled nominated visa. At GreenTree Immigration, we help hundreds of candidates to acquire a skilled independent visa or a skilled nominated visa by our expert team and make them live and work in Australia permanently.
We will assist you at every stage of the process, from selecting the position, collecting the documents, submitting your application, and assisting you in fulfilling all the other requirements. Feel free to contact GreenTree Immigration if you want to apply for a Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 or a Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190.