IT industry growing day by day there are a lot of numerous changes and innovations in technologies that occur in the world by Software Engineers, IT professionals across the world. Canada has come up with a Global Skills Strategy program that enables IT professionals to come and work in Canada and always welcomes skilled professionals to develop their country’s economy.
Toronto ranked number three within tech talent in North America. With the right work experience, skills, and education, as a tech worker, you have a couple of options to make Canada your permanent home. There is high demand for jobs for IT professionals in Canada. In this blog, we will guide you to find perfect solutions.
Requirements for IT professionals in Canada
IT professionals have a vast number of opportunities but before looking for a Canada immigration as IT professionals know out what the requirements needed
- Should have minimum Education qualifications in Computer Science. Some jobs require a Bachelor’s degree and some jobs require a Master’s degree in computer science.
- Most Canadian employers needed at least 2-3 years of experience. Whereas some higher level of positions needed more than 5 years of experience.
- Minimum Language Eligibility test should be passed.
Immigration opportunities for IT professionals
- Express entry is one of the fastest ways of immigrating to Canada. Many IT progressively choose this way, Rather there are some other ways to immigrate to Canada such as PNP, Canada startup visa and global talent streams.
- Express Entry allows immigrating professionals to migrate through the required points obtained in the recent draws. With the help of the draws, the candidate can enter Canada with a PR visa. There are three 3 programs in the Express Entry which include the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Provincial Nominee Program:
- Provincial Nominee program is a way that Candidates can apply directly through the required province with this program. In this category, the applying Candidates can choose and research where the numerous opportunities for IT professionals are there through this program.
For example, a province such as Toronto has a high number of requirements for this province. For Quebec province, you are not able to apply via Express entry but you can apply through this program. Do research about the province where IT professionals have a high number of vacancies. You can apply for this program.
A startup visa is another pathway to enter Canada as an IT professional and has different selection criteria from the other skilled worker programs. To be qualified in this program you must have a qualifying business letter of support from a designated organization. For this type of visa, you must have enough funds to apply to this program.
Global Talent streams
Global Talent streams are another type of pathway that IT immigrants use but as temporary cases. Once you receive Canadian work experience. The Global Talent Stream enables Canadian employers to hire IT workers and bring them to Canada within four weeks. To be eligible in the scheme individuals must qualify one of the seven qualifying targeting sectors.
National Occupation code for software professionals
People’s jobs are Classified based on the code for every software professional. There are numerous departments classified in the IT sector such as data analyst, networking, web designing, web development, Project Management, etc.,
National Occupation Code (NOC code) differs for each software professional. Before choosing NOC Code get guidance from the experts
Some software NOC code listed below
2147 | Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
2173 | Software engineers and designers
0213 | Computer and information systems managers
2281 | Computer network technicians
2172 | Data Analyst
2175 | Web Developer
Are you an IT professional?
If you are a software professional who is looking for Canada Immigration, get guidance from our Immigration consultants who have handled a vast number of Software professionals to make their dream come true by getting their Canadian Visa. Book with our immigration consultants and get free immigration assistance today.