New Zealand Partner of a Student Work Visa

New Zealand Partner of a Student Work Visa

A partner of a student on a work visa in New Zealand is eligible to apply for a work visa or visitor visa. This would allow them to work or live in New Zealand for their partner's study. It's also essential that the student's course of study meets the requirements (eligible level 7 or 8 qualification or any level 9 or 10 qualification) of New Zealand immigration rules.

Eligibility Requirements for a Partner of a Student Work Visa

The eligibility criteria for a New Zealand Partner of a Student Work Visa are as follows:

  • Obtain Free Counselling from the industry’s best immigration consultants in Delhi.
  • Hold proper identity proof.
  • Be of good character.
  • Be physically and medically fit.
  • Proof of sufficient funds.
  • Possession of student visa by the partner.
  • Partner’s character and health certificate.
  • Eligible NZ partner to support the application.
  • Have a genuine intent to visit the country.
  • Be in a genuine relationship with your partner.

Documents Checklist for Partner of a Student Work Visa



Character certificate.

Medical certificate

Proof of a stable and legal relationshi

Partner’s character certificate

Evidence of funds

Form for Partners Supporting Partnership-Based Temporary Entry Applications

Steps to apply for a Partner of a Student Work Visa

To apply for the NZ Partner of a Student Work Visa, the following steps must be followed:

Processing time and fees for Partner of a Student Work Visa

The time it takes to process a New Zealand partner of a student work visa is between 36 - 63 business days.

The visa cost is NZD $700 (₹34,535 INR).

Conditions for the Partner of a Student Work Visa

The following are the conditions to be followed while applying for a Partner of a Student Work Visa:

Why Choose GreenTree Immigration as your “Partner of a Student Work Visa” Consultant?

GreenTree Immigration is a premier consultancy for New Zealand immigration, recognized for our years of service and unparalleled expertise. Our comprehensive knowledge of this sector has firmly established our status as one of the top-notch consultancies in the field. Here are a few reasons why you should consider choosing us:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Can the spouse of an international student work in New Zealand?

Yes, the spouse of an international student can work for any authorized employer in New Zealand.

Can my partner work full-time on the NZ partner of a student work visa?

Yes, the partner can work full-time on this visa.

What is the processing time of the NZ partner of student work visa?

The processing time for a New Zealand partner of a student work visa is 36 - 63 business days.

Can you bring your partner on a student visa?

Yes, you can bring your partner on a separate student visa.

Can I include my dependent child in my visa application?

Yes, you can include your dependent child in your visa application.

Our Happy Clients

Trending Visa searches:

Canada visa: Permanent Resident Visa | Spousal Sponsorship Visa | Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship visa | Super Visa | Visitor visa | Study Visa | Spousal Open work permit (SOWP) | Closed work permit (ICT) | Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) | Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) | PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) | Visitor Record | Self Employed program

Provincial Nominee Program: Ontario | British Columbia | Alberta | Manitoba | Saskatchewan | Nova Scotia | New Brunswick | Prince Edward Island | Newfoundland & Labrador | Quebec

Canada professionals: IT & Software Professionals | Mechanical Engineers | Healthcare occupations | Accounting, Doctors | Dentists | Physiotherapists | Chartered Accountant | Lawyers | Teachers

Australia Visas: Skilled Independent visa (Sub Class 189) | Skilled Nominated visa (Subclass 190) | Skilled regional provisional visa (sub Class 491) | Partner provisional visa (Sub Class 309) Partner Migrant visa (Sub Class 100) | Child Visa (Sub Class 101) |Temporary skills shortage visa (Sub Class 482) | Student Visa (Subclass 500) | Visitor Visa (Sub Class 600) | Partner Migrant Visa - Onshore Sub Class 801 & Partner provisional visa - Onshore (Sub Class 820) | Prospective marriage visa (Sub Class 300) | Return Resident Visa (Sub Class 155 & 157)

New Zealand Visas: Partner of a student visa | Partner of a worker visa | General Visitor Visa | Culturally Arranged Marriage visa | study visa | Skilled Migrant Category Visa

UK Visas: UK Work Visa (Tier 4 Visa) | UK Study Visa (Tier 2 Visa) | standard visit visa

Study Visas: Canada | Ireland | UK | New Zealand | Germany | Australia

USA visas: H1B | H4

Visit Visa: Canada | Australia | UK | New Zealand

Eligibility calculator: Canada 67 points Calculator | Canada PR cost Calculator | CRS Calculator | Australia PR calculator | NZ PR Calculator

Our Location: Kochi | Canada | Chennai | Bangalore | Hyderabad | Coimbatore

Our Accreditation
Awards & Media Mentors