UK Student Visa

The UK Remains the second most popular destination after the US for international students from India and the rest of the world.You can apply for a Tire 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you;

  • Have been offered a place on course.
  • You should be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
  • You should have enough money to support yourself and pay for tuition fee.
  • You should meet the other eligibility requirements.

If you are enrolled in a bachelor's degree program or higher at a UK college that is listed on both the official UKBA Sponsor list and the list of ‘recognized bodies’ you are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week for (Tier 4 General) and work full-time during vacations or summer holidays.

  • The first step is to check if you qualify for the student visa or not
  • You need to show that you have a confirmed letter of acceptance for studies.
  • Enough money to cover your course fees and living cost.
  • Get your documents ready.
  • You must apply online for a tier 4(general) student visa.
  • Pay your application fee. There are 4 ways to pay our visa; Payment at Standard Chartered Bank / Payment at visa application centre/online payment.
  • Visit the visa application centre for an interview and submit your application and facial photograph and fingerprints.

Documents Required for Visa

  1. A current passport or other valid travel documentation.
  2. Letter of acceptance from the universities.
  3. Receipt that you have paid your 1year tuition fee.
  4. Proof that you have enough funds to support yourself and pay for your courses.
  5. IELTS score sheet.
  6. Proof of your parent or other legal guardian's consent if you're under 18 years.
  7. MCC and PCC.
  8. You may also need to provide additional documents’ depending on your circumstances.

UK Point-based Visa System

UK visa is a point based visa system and it is essential for applicants to meet all the requirements of the immigration rules and have 40 points in total.

  • If they have valid confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from a fully licensed Tier 4 sponsor they will get 40 points.
  • If they have enough money to cover course fees and monthly living cost- 10 points.

You can take your spouse or children with you under dependent visa for the same duration as the primary applicants. This is applicable for masters degrees only. Undergraduates cannot take dependents with them to the UK.

Along with your living funds, you need to show an additional £845 (within London) and £680 (outside London) for each dependent for each month that you are applying for up to a maximum of 9 months' maintenance funds. You can use a scholarship to cover the maintenance funds for your dependents if you already have got a scholarship. The scholarship letter must state that funds are also intended for your dependents.

When to apply

The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you start your course.You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

Priority services – get a faster decision

  • Collection within 5 working days (priority service) - If you want to get a faster decision on your Visa application you choose priority services option when you apply. Where your response for the visa comes within 5working days and your interview will be scheduled.
  • Collection within 24 hours (super priority service) - where your response comes within 24 hours.
  • Cost of Visa - The fee for the Tier 4 General Visa is £348 (Approx. Rs 33,349) You should pay £348 per person
  • Once universities accept your application they will send you a reference number called Confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS). You need to mention this on your visa application.
  • You must apply for the VISA not more than 6 months after you receive CAS.

Re-Introduction of 2 years post study work permit

The UK government has announced the reinstatement of the two-year post-study work visa for international students. The new immigration rules will benefit those international students who are planning to pursue their higher studies in the UK starting from 2020-21.

Post Study Work Permit

If you want to work there after completing your studies, then you need to apply for a Tier 2 visa which is meant for highly skilled workers. You don’t get a work permit, along with your study visa.Your spouse may work in the UK if you’re taking 1year program.

Our Accreditation
Recognized Awards Listed in