The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) is an island
country that sits north- west of mainland Europe. It is made up of main land
Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) and the northern part of the island of
Ireland (Northern Ireland ). It has numerous smaller islands. The UK is low lying in
the east. It has mountains in the north of England, in Scotland, in Northern Ireland
and in Wales.
- Region: Europe
- Population: 66 million (2018)
- Area: 242,500 square kilometers
- Capital: London
- Joined Commonwealth: 1926, on founding the British Commonwealth of Nations
- Commonwealth Youth Index: 2 out of 49 Countries
On 31 December 2020,at 11.00 PM, freedom of movement between the United
Kingdom (UK) and the European Union (EU) Will end. This document sets out
further details on how their new immigration system will operate. At the heart of
it will be the Points - Based System. This set out how would they fulfill their
commitment to the British public to take back control of our borders by ending
free movement and introducing a single, global immigration system. The PointsBased System will cater for the most highly skilled workers, skilled workers,
students and a range of other specialist work routes including routes for global
leaders in their field and innovators.
The Points-Based System will be a fair system, because we will treat people from
every part of the world equally. It will also reflect the careful consideration being
given to the Windrush Lessons Learned Review produced by Wendy Williams.
- The new system will treat EU and non-EU citizens equally
- The points-based system will provide simple, effective and flexible
arrangements for UK employers to recruit skilled workers from around
the world through a number of different immigration routes.
- Get 5 years VISA with multiple entry and Rights to work.
- You can sponsor your Dependant Spouse and children.
- Dependant can work and study full time.
- An employer will not need to be a Home Office licensed visa sponsor to
employ a migrant under the Global Talent route.
- Priority will be given to skills, such as innovators, academics and
scientists. Indian workers, especially those in STEM fields.
- Their yearly survey showed that the average salary in the UK for men
and women combined was £29,009, which includes those in both
full-time and part work. For those in full-time work, the average UK
salary is £35,423 and £12,083 for those in part-time, but the minimum
salary fixed by the department is £25,600 which is low compared to the
- Easy licensing process for Doctors and Medical profession.
- Skilled worker Route
- Global talent Route
- Graduate Route
- Intra-company Transfer
Under the new skilled worker system, anyone
coming to the UK to work will need to demonstrate
- They have a job offer from a Home Office
- The job offer is at the required skill level – RQF 3
or above (A Level and equivalent)
- They speak English to the required standard
- From January 2021, the current Global Talent route will open
to EU citizens on the same basis as non-EU citizens. This
means the most highly skilled, who can achieve the required
level of points, will be able to enter the UK without a job offer
if they are endorsed by a recognised UK body, as approved by
the Home Office.
- An employer will not need to be a Home Office licensed visa
sponsor to employ a migrant under the Global Talent route.
- This route is designed to attract recognised global leaders and
promising individuals in science, humanities, engineering, the
arts and digital technology.
The Graduate Visa will be available to international
students who have completed a degree in the UK
from summer 2021. This will enable international
students to remain in the UK and work at any skill
level for two years after they have completed their
studies. It will be an unsponsored route.
The Intra-company Transfer (ICT) route allows
multinational organisations to facilitate
temporary moves into the UK for key business
personnel through their subsidiary branches,
subject to ICT sponsorship requirements being
met. The route will require applicants to be in
roles skilled to RQF 6 (graduate level equivalent),
and subject to a different minimum salary
threshold from the main skilled worker route.